Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Thoughts from Mr. Muggins


"We gotta go ...
if we wanna know"
Leslie Wells


Yeah, thanks a lot, Leslie, for planting that thought in Mom and Dad's head.  Because now, here they go again, on another international trip in 2016.  

Wasn't that trip to New Zealand and French Polynesia in February and March of this year PLENTY of time for them to be away from me?  And now they're leaving for another 16 days to visit Costa Rica. What am I supposed to think?

Their ONLY saving grace is that Kristy, the World's Greatest Pet Sitter (and friend) will be staying with me the whole time.  She is so much fun and understands me so well.  Don't tell Mom, but she is REALLY GREAT to cuddle with, too.

I can always tell when Mom and Dad are going on a trip .... that sheet goes on the guest bed and stuff just starts piling up.  Of course I like to lie there with all the stuff because I can hide in their bags and sniff it all out.  I do my best to shed as much as possible so they will take a little bit of me with them.

I wanna go!!

So off they go again next Tuesday, November 22nd.  I'm told Kristy will arrive that same afternoon and WE WILL HAVE A PARTY!  Wait until she learns how I love to hang in the backyard and go on the ROOF, mostly in the dark.  I trust my Mom will tell her that the best way to encourage me to come in is to shake that Temptations snack bag.  I'll do ANYTHING for a kitty treat ...

Anyway ~ I know my folks are visiting both the Caribbean and Pacific side of Costa Rica, and staying in 7 different places.  Tortuguero is an all-inclusive jungle lodge because it's way out on the Caribbean side of the country, and then 5 places are AirBnB's which they spend HOURS researching on line.  I know, because I am always trying to get them OFF OF THEIR COMPUTERS!  They're also staying in just a couple of regular hotels, but we will all see together what they're doing as they post to this blog during their journey. Well ~ that is if they really do have a strong Internet connection down there in Costa Rica.

That's another funny thing ... down there.  They will only be an hour ahead of Tucson time!  That seems like they're just leaving me food and visiting friends (again).  Get this ... they will leave Tucson at 11:30am and arrive in Houston, then to San Salvador, and then to San Jose, Costa Rica at 9:45pm the same day. That seems so easy compared to New Zealand .... WHY AREN'T THEY TAKING ME WITH THEM?

I can only dream about the bugs and lizards and birds and butterflies that they will encounter in the most bio-diverse place on earth.  The bigger animals ... well, not so much my cup of catnip.  Maybe it is best that I stay home with my girlfriend, Kristy.

But do think of me while Mom and Dad are gone.  Because as we all know, when the parents are away, the cat will play.

MEOW to all ~
Mr. Muggins


No comments:

Post a Comment